It’s that time of year again. We start to think about layering up and donning our favourite cosy knits. Log fires, warming soups, Autumn leaves; there’s a lot of feel-good elements to this season, and we can’t wait.
We are also very excited to try a few new looks for Autumn/Winter ’19. We’ve done all the hard work for you. We’ve put together 4 chic and easy looks that will help you put your best fashion foot forward over the next few months, as well as a handy list of key takeaways from the season’s catwalks.
In terms of textiles this season, you’ll see plenty of lace, satin, leather and knits. Bouclé is also back – think Karl Lagerfeld’s signature bouclé tweed jackets for Chanel.
Purple is the colour of the season. Lilac – which was big in Spring – remains a popular colour for Autumn, but it’s not just lilac – take your pick from any of the purple hues for an Autumn/Winter winner. Use as an accent colour against black, white or navy.
If you like to inject a pop of colour into your winter wardrobe, you could opt for an accent of ‘Stick of Butter Yellow’ or ‘Wax Yellow’, which offers a fresh, new palette for the season.
Blazers will always be a worthwhile addition to your capsule wardrobe. ‘Shop your wardrobe’ to team yours with trousers or a skirt and add a puff shoulder with billowy sleeves to make it current.
Other highlights from the Autumn/Winter ’19 catwalks include:
• Gothic florals – dark and moody floral prints
• Supersized bags – jumbo totes
• Disco-ready platform shoes – chunky, sky-high platforms akin to the 70s
• Punk – time for Tartan
• Utilitarian-chic – boilersuits, combat boots and army-inspired wear
• Neon colours – paired against more classic tones, such as brown or navy
• The 60’s Mini Dress!
• The 90’s chocker necklace
• Statement tights – embellished or patterned
• Avant-garde evening wear – “more is more”
• Go bold with a pink and red colour clash
• Oversized coats – the bigger the better!